- On 23 April 2014
- blog, social network, web
Live blogging is a great tool to gain more readers and quickly increase the popularity of a corporate blog. This is because web users seem to appreciate it very much, they feel more involved, part of the event. Events and exhibitions can be good opportunities to take advantage of this method of communication and promotion. Here are some tips on how to do it right:
– Select the content. Doing a live blogging is very difficult because during events, conferences or exhibitions you are faced with a large amount of information. Everywhere you look there are sights, sounds, facts and impressions to describe, that may be of interest to your readers. It’s important, therefore, be able to choose among all these contents. The best thing to do is to decide in advance your own editorial line, choosing to focus on what is useful and what to communicate.
– Plan your schedule. Before the event, take some time to decide not only what you’ll talk about, but also when. Try to respect your schedule, but keep some leeway, the unexpected or interesting news is always around the corner.
– Select the device according to your goals. To write a live blogging you can choose between a large variety of devices, including smartphones, laptops and tablets. A smartphone will never have the amount of memory of a computer, on the other hand a cell phone is easier to use when you are in crowded places or you should move often.
– When necessary, use an offline software. Never take for granted that during an event a wireless connection is guaranteed whenever and wherever. So take note in advance about which areas are equipped with WiFi, use an offline software (Textilus or WordGraph for example) to record your content and then head over to an area with wireless reception to quickly send the content to your blog.
– Take lots of photos, but do not overdo it. During a trade show or an event there are many opportunities to take photos, but there’s no need to bombard the reader with an endless stream of images and captions. It’s good to publish only pictures that can actually help your followers to understand what is happening. It can be useful when you are describing something or to capture special moments.
– Use also the social networks. Since you have decided to do a live blogging, make sure as many people as possible know about it. There is no better method of social networks to spread quickly the news, convey messages and create expectations.